Terrific news out of Dayton, Ohio this morning – Senator McCain has chosen Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate!
- has more Executive experience than either of the Democrats on their team (and more than McCain for that matter);
- is staunchly pro-life, with a compelling life story to tell, and impeccable pro-Second Amendment credentials, cementing the Republican base;
- is the perfect foil against “Beltway” Biden;
- is the younger looking person we needed to offset McCain’s age;
- is a self-proclaimed “hockey mom” (of 5 kids) who will play well in the battleground states of the upper Midwest;
- is the perfect response to Obama’s inability or unwillingness to choose Hillary Clinton – and the perfect way to reach out to women swing voters;
- has a great reputation as a reformer – someone who has cleaned up corruption and stands up against the lobbyist corruption; and
- has a tremendous grasp of the energy issue as it relates to oil and gasoline (the one Obama stupidly pooh-poohed last night during his speech).
My Grade: A. She’s a slight touch soft on the global warming issue for me, but other than that, she’s an absolutely dynamite pick.
This is the pick I had hoped for, and it cements my vote for McCain/Palin in the fall. I had been holding out to commit, waiting for this pick to make my own decision, and hoping he would pick a pro-lifer. After his stellar performance at Saddleback, and with this great pick, now I can proudly say – Vote McCain/Palin!
Next week is going to be a lot of fun – and I’ll be there, laptop in hand, to post a few blogs along the way. I’ll have a cam with me, so hopefully we can get some good video as well!